Last Updated on January 2, 2024 by Rayna Piazza
Did you know that as a believer in Christ, your words have the power to activate the kingdom of God? Job 22:28 says, “You shall decree a thing and it shall be established for you.” By agreeing with this promise in the bible and speaking the word of God as decrees over your life you are activating the will of God over your life.
Let’s learn how to decree and declare in prayer.
Activating God’s Promises Through Decrees Based On Job 22:28
When we partner with God our personal growth explodes. God already knows our problems and He has the solution. Our job is to seek Him to find it. Let’s take a deeper look at Job 22:28.
You shall also decide and decree a thing, and it shall be established for you; and the light [of God’s favor] shall shine upon your ways.Job 22:28, Amplified
Decreeing Your God-Given Destiny
Let’s pray, decree, and step into a new realm of faith with Jesus. The first step is coming into agreement with the word of God and the second step is decreeing the promises of God that are our inheritance as believers in Christ. Decreeing God’s word is a form of prayer.
Let’s look at the promise in Job 22:28 that comes along with these two steps. Once you believe, decree, and receive then the light of God’s favor will shine upon your ways.
Establishing in your heart a firm decision to agree with and believe the promises of God makes your heart ready to decree scripture over your life. As you decree you are positioning yourself to receive the fruit of your decrees.
Psalm 139 speaks of how deeply God knows every one of us. In verse 16, David says that God has a book written for each one of us that includes all the days that are appointed for us.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were appointed for me, when as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape].Psalm 139:16, Amplified
As you decree God’s word over your life you are activating your book that was written for you by God. This book is your God-given destiny. As we learn the word of God and His promises for us, we begin to uncover the pages of our book.
Choose Your Words Wisely
Your words have significant power to prosper you or hinder you. God has given us free will and that includes what we speak.
I want to encourage you to use your words wisely. Think before you speak, my friends. This is a lesson I have had to learn several times but I’m getting better at it as time goes on.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words.Proverbs 18:21, Amplified
Now that we know we have a book in heaven with our appointed days in it and that we have power over our destiny by the words we speak, let’s start decreeing and declaring! God’s word is so incredibly powerful. Let’s stand in agreement with our King and partner with Him for His will to be done.
Decree: Speak, Believe, And You Will Receive
Say these decrees aloud. I encourage you to speak with authority as you exercise your God-given right to release God’s supernatural power over your life. As you speak and believe with faith that you will receive you are opening yourself up to the supernatural realm of Jesus, where nothing is impossible.
Living with God is never dull my friends! As we learn these truths together, let’s speak our future into being. It’s time to decree!
Decrees For Fruitfulness
- I decree I am like a tree firmly planted and fed by streams of water. I will yield my fruit in my season and my leaf does not wither. I declare that whatever I do, I will prosper and come to maturity. (Psalm 1:3)
- I decree that nothing is or ever shall be impossible with God. I am a daughter of the King therefore God’s will will manifest in my life. (Luke 1:37)
- I decree I am blessed with gladness and You have put joy in my heart. (Psalm 4:7)
- I decree that Jesus came to give me abundant life. I have an abundance of friends and family, joy and happiness, wisdom and knowledge, fruitfulness and prosperity, love and every good thing. (John 10:10)
Decrees For Freedom
- I decree I have been set free from the lies of the enemy in every area of my life. I am free to fulfill my God-given destiny and finish strong. (Galatians 5:1)
- I decree Jesus opened the heavens for me to experience freedom in my life. I live under an open heaven. The angels of God are with me helping me fulfill my destiny. (Matthew 3:16)
- I decree I have a future and a hope with Jesus. No weapon formed against me will prosper. I am blessed going in and blessed coming out (Jeremiah 29:11; Isaiah 54:17; Deuteronomy 28:6)
Decrees For Wisdom
- I decree that I love wisdom and I seek wisdom in every area of my life. Because I love wisdom, both riches and honor are with me along with wealth and righteousness. (Proverbs 8:11)
- I decree I am thankful to God who leads me in triumph. I am winning in life because I have the knowledge of Christ within me. (2 Corinthians 2:14)
- I decree I am filled with endurance for the race set before me. I fix my eyes upon Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
God Wants To Bless You
God truly wants to bless you, my beautiful friend. Erase from your mind the lies of the enemy that say anything different. Be encouraged as you pray, decree, and meditate on the word of God!
These decrees are supernatural proclamations activating the word of God in your and your loved one’s lives. I decree that after reading this blog post you will never be the same!
Be sure to also read:
- Divine Transformation: 8 Steps to Elevate Your Life with a Christian Personal Growth Plan
- Recognizing the Road to Emotional Healing: 4 Clear Signs You’re Healing Inside
- 5 Reasons You Need To Start A Self Care Journal To Receive Healing And Emotional Wellness
- 11 Reasons Why You Are An Overcomer & Not A Victim – Victory Is Your Portion
Did this blog post speak to your heart? I hope so! Sign up today to receive my emails featuring the latest from Seeking Him Today by going to our Stay In Touch page.